Your heating, cooling and ventilation system in your home are the lungs of your home. Dirty and dusty air duct systems have been found to contribute to allergy symptoms and aggravate health problems that could easily be reduced or alleviated through regular cleaning of your air duct systems.
When should you have your ducts cleaned?
Generally, you should consider air duct cleaning if:
- The surfaces of your ducts or other components of your heating and cooling system have a substantial amount of visible mold on them. An air duct cleaning service may be able to show you this mold, if it is present.
- If you find that your air flow from your registers is reduced or has an odor.
- You have pets that shed, pet dander can fill your ducts gradually over time and creates a web that traps particulate.
- You have rodents, insects, or other vermin infesting your ducts.
- The ducts are clogged with dust and debris.
- Dust or debris is being released into your home through your system’s air supply registers.
Fresh Air Exchange has professional air duct cleaning technicians who are leaders in providing quality air duct cleaning and outstanding customer service in your area.
We look forward to providing you with professional duct cleaning and a cleaner, healthier environment through regular duct cleaning. Experience the difference for yourself!
Click here to learn more about the risks of dirty/clogged dryer vents on the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) website.
Residential Duct Cleaning Process
- Our technicians will inspect your heating system and review any immediate concerns that you may have.
The technician will also confirm the estimated price of the job, length of time the job will require, access to vents, etc.
- Next, our technician will hook up a large vacuum hose from the Fresh Air Exchange Vac truck to the heating system.
He will either remove your motor / blower assembly or bypass the furnace depending on access, and the make and model of your furnace.
- Your technician will now start the Fresh Air Exchange Vac Truck to place your duct work under extreme suction.
Small 1-2 holes are used to access the duct system, to proper clean and then sealed with air tight plugs.
- With your system under suction, our technician will brush the inside walls, and tops and all sides of your ducts, loosening the caked-on dirt and dust.
- After your ducts have been brushed, your technician will use multi head high pressure cleaner which works its way from your register to the main line, discharging 250 psi of compressed air in a 360 degree pattern.
This ensures that even the smallest dust particles are removed from the duct and out to the Fresh Air Exchange Vac Truck.
- Your return air grills are then removed and the duct work is cleaned using the forward skipper, forcing the dust all the way to the main line.
- After the vents have been cleaned, your technician will Power Brush all the main lines including the hot and cold air plenums.
- All access holes are secured with re-usable metal panels, and any other cleaning holes are securely plugged.
- Your furnace will now be reassembled and tested.